• Do not leave shoes outside overnight unless they are covered. Shoes are a great place for snakes and other small reptiles, spiders and insects.
• Always look & use caution when picking up firewood. Also use caution when rolling over large logs or picking up firewood stacked/sitting for a long period.
• Keep your tent closed at all times even when using it. Small creatures can enter the tent without you knowing.
• Keep all gear out in the open and not left under bushes.
• Roll up your sleeping bag when not using it, even during the day. This is an extra precaution that can only help.
• During colder weather a warm fire may attract snakes. Snakes being cold blooded require heat for energy.
• Snakes do come out at night. There are venomous and non-venomous snakes that are nocturnal (active at night).
using mothballs around your property will run off select food that snakes like
to eat (lizards, rodents...)
Pure Ammonia: spraying ammonia on any reptile or animal will scare them off, no permanent harm will be done.
Weather & season does make a difference on whether you will come across snakes.
Knowledge is Power and Power is Knowledge!